Name: Graine fingerless mitts
Deadline: May 26th
Skill level: Advanced beginner/intermediate
Experience: Testers with some experience preferred
Sample uses Cascade 220 Sport. (almost one full skein of MC was used)
Yarn will not be provided, but you can use any wool based sport weight yarn that works to recommended gauge. I ask that you use solid or semi-solid colourways so that the textured pattern isn’t obscured.
- The test will be run through Google Docs and Slack. Testers will be sent the link to the file on Google Docs and will able to add comments as necessary. There will also be a Slack channel for progress updates, photos, chat & any queries. If you don’t have Slack account don’t worry – it’s free to sign up and easy to use, but you can test just with Google Docs if you prefer!
Please don’t apply for the test if you are not comfortable with using or learning how to use Google Docs.
- Pattern has been tech edited but please do let me know via Gdocs or Slack if anything is unclear or if you come across any errors.
- Please swatch and make sure you get gauge.
- Please complete the pattern by the deadline. There is some flexibility with the dates, but if you think you’re going to have any trouble meeting the deadline then please let me know asap.
- Create a project page on Ravelry any time before the end of the test. Please include photos of the finished project and as much info as possible (yarns and needles used, amount of yarn, gauge etc). Link to the pattern page on release.
- OPTIONAL: if you have a profile on the LoveKnitting community then please create a linked project there once the pattern is released.
- Feel free to share photos (in progress and finished!) on Instagram as well!
- After completing the test knit testers will be gifted the completed pattern through Ravelry.